– Welcome to Just Between Us…
– Extended – Three point oh
– Extended version – What?
– Added bonus footage – Look
– Added material – Things are about to change big time
– But in a good way, not in a bad way, not in a “Is This What You Want” way
–laughsnot in a one video a week way a… am.. a more content way don’t freak
’em out – oh yeah sorry, hope your not freaking
out here’s the thing, a couple of things are happening, one: Gaby is writing a book
– I am, I’m writing a new book that’s coming out, yes
– Yeah everyone knows – Okay
– I’m also working on a variety of things – Yeah, we both are
– And um and basically what’s happened is we don’t have time to make sketches
anymore – Yeah
– At least for now – Yeah, we have other things that you guys
will see that are coming out – Well I wouldn’t go that farlaughs
– I think they are your thing’s coming out – Oh yeah
– My thing’s coming out – Oh yeah
– Our stuff is gonna be for consumption – I… at least half of our stuff will
eventually be for consumption – Reach your ears and your eyeballslaughs
– We, were thinking about it and so now that we really only have time to do the
couch show, – Yeah
– We kind of like talked about what will the couch show be, mostly because this one
girl left a really mean comment – It wasn’t mean
– It was pretty mean at one point she says Maybe try being friendly to your fans
instead of condescending and insulting as F**k at pretty much every opportunity
never mind the fact that Allison is becoming unlikable in my opinion.
– Oh that part was not nice – So you don’t think that’s mean?
– That part wasn’t nice, there was some genuine…laughs
– There was some constructive criticism and then that part was just mean. What do
you mean you can’t read a comment isn’t that the whole reason they write comments?
It feels like you have stopped caring about the quality of your content. The
half a**ing thing was endearing at first and much less so now. I used to love this
show so much, then she kind of bashes me a bit more. A.. all of the criticism is just
directed towards me. – Yeah I guess that’s why I didn’t think
it was meanlaughs– It ends with her knowing, I’m
unsubscribing but I love this show and felt like I wanted to say something
because I’m so disappointed and still somewhat hopeful, not really if you
unsubscribed. My first reaction to that quit…
– Quit the show? – Quit everythinglaughs
– I don’t want you guys to think – No I do like nice things I’m just saying
– I don’t want you guys to think we don’t hear your nice comments we definitely do
– Of course there are nice things that’s why I’m still here
– No because there are people who genuinely are like this show helps me I love
it I wake up and watch you know what I mean – Well so that’s why I’m not giving up and
– Right -instead we’re going to become more of your
generic channel -pff, I’ll, no Allison all we’re doing is
making the videos longer – No that’s not all were doing you think
that that’s somehow all we’re, we’re not answering advice questions anymore
– Oh yeah – Wer’e picking topics instead of questions
– Oh yeah – We’re going to be more real and less jokey
so what are you talking about that it’s just longer?
– I think we’ll still be jokeytheme music plays– Welcome back to JBU three point oh
–laughs– so since we’re not going to have advice
questions, at least for right now -mmhhmm
– You know give us the room to grow and to change and to revert umm
– Revert, go back? – Yeah we could revert who knows?
– Go back to how you were? – Maybe, maybe we’ll get really unbusy and
then we’ll have a sketch every week. – I see yeah because everything could just plummet
– Yes – All of our other projects could die
– Right – When planning this episode..
– Uhuh – Rigorously
– Sure yeah I saw… – And without, and without arrogance,
I was like what topics do I wanna talk about and it’s something that’s… this feels so weird
– no tell me – This new, okay, oh my god
– This is like we’re having a conversation Tell me
– Okay, so weird we haven’t talked in years umlaughs
I’ve been struggling with lately -uh huh
– maybe forever but lately for real is my weight
– Really? – Yes
– Really? – So I don’t know if you’ve noticed
– But you work out so much – Well here’s what’s interesting, I’m,
I’m currently the heaviest I’ve ever been. – What?
– I’m also probably the strongest I’ve ever been – Yeah you work out so much, you think that’s why
– It’s because of my medication – Ohhh
– So after my breakup in April – Mmhmm
– I spiraled real bad to be fair the spiral was coming
– Yeah – It wasn’t like oh and then that happened
and then I was suicidal it was like oh and then I just became suicidal, what?
– Yeah no I know what you’re saying – Okay yeah
– I’ve done the same thing – Yeah w.. tip of the iceberg anyway,
after years of not being on medication since I was twenty-one
– mmhmm – I, I needed to go on it, and I listened
to myself and my therapist –laughs
– And I went on Zoloft – Yeah which is what I’m on
– Still, your’e supposed to be off of that – I’m on Zoloft and the other thing
– Okay – I’m on two things
– Me too, so I’m on Zoloft and I’m also on Bis.. I don’t know anyway I think it’s
caused me to gain weight. Probably also my eating habits. I’ve had a couple people
mention to me that I should go off, people very close in my life, said that I should
go off of the medicine –gasp
– In order to lose weight – No
– And switch, and switch medicines and try to find a different medicine in order to
lose weight – But that’s not there, there not
prioritizing your mental health which is the most important thing.
– Right – ‘Cause finding one, a medication that
works for you is so hard – But I know it’s so that’s what’s been
this interesting thing where I’m like unfortunately my bathroom is full of
mirrors, every single day when I shower I’m, I stare at my body and my body has
very much changed and I have…Sugar barks
Get up, get up you stinkerAllison attempting to make dog noises
– What I wanna know is what’s her plan after she barks at that?
Sugar continues to bark– No they just leave. Everyday in my
bathroom… – Yeah
– I have to look at my body and how it’s changed and then I have to prioritize
what’s more important because it’s not like oh there isn’t a different medication
and that won’t also work and I won’t gain weight onGaby sighsBut I’m kinda in the
most busy part of my life ever, I have like the most obligations and the most
responsibilities – And changing meds is like you might get
nauseous it might not work It’s like… – Right
– You might start crying randomly you don’t know
– ‘Cause I’m on the meds, the weight gain doesn’t affect me that muchlaughs
– Right – Like ’cause I’m like so fu**in’ chill
now that I’m like yeah I’m fatboth laughing
– You’re not, first of all you’re not – I mean
– You’re also very in shape though – Well that’s what’s interesting is that
I’m by, I’m by far the strongest I’ve ever been and probably in the best shape I’ve
ever been in – You have a trainer
– Yeah – You’ve like…
– I can do a lot of push-ups – Your mental health matters more than any
weight gain also this idea that a certain weight is better than another weight
– When it happened, I went to John, my boyfriend and he was like well I just
think that people have different healthy weights and I’m like I think that you
look healthy – Yeah
– Like I think that it looked, you know what I mean and that like I’m not a stick
and also like my sister, her, it’s like taking me a really long time to just
like realize that my body shape is never gonna be her body shape.
– Certain people like being a different size, certain people’s partners like them
being a different size like it’s not like this one si.. I mean other than the media
being insane but there’s like not this one size that is like attractive like I’ve
been attracted to people of all kinds of body sizes, people are happy at all
different sizes like it doesn’t matter – Yeah, yeah and it definitely helps to
have a partner who is so supportive and so – mmhmm
– and so, and so like um, what’s it called like if you say nice things? Complementary
– Complementary. Well you say this all the time. It doesn’t matter what it actually
is, it matters what you think of it. – mmhmm
– So it doesn’t matter what your weight is it matters how you feel about it.
– Yeah and so right now I’m.. I’m.. I mean am I thrilled when I see myself in the
mirrors, uh, no but I am thrilled that I’m doing better and that I’m like happier
because a lot of times I’ve been much skinnier and miserable.
– You also have no concept of what’s the best part of you, like you’re like when
people are like Allison’s thick… – But in my defense
– You’re like eww – In my defense
– And like they love it, thick is a complement
– I did not think I was getting fat until it was pointed out to me so it’s not like
oh this is all my internal things – You’re also not.. you’re also not at all
like the stereotypical definition of fat. – Yeah but if you go to any of our videos
there’s at least one or two comments recently that’s Allison’s getting fat.
Allison’s getting fat – Oh people say that about me all the time
– Yeah but I’m just saying it’s not like it’s an interesting thing to have it come
from an external source. – mmhmm
– Where like for the first time I wasn’t.. – You were happy
– Yeah I wasn’t bringing it on myself and then to have other people do that was like
it was kind of devastating – Awe
– Anyway, real talk with JBU – I also think that people that come at
us and be like Gaby’s getting fat or Allison’s getting fat are um misguided in
what is an insult. – I find that comments from other women
are so much more hurtful to me than comments from men.
– Oh me too – Like I had a Instagram photo recently
and this girl just like ripped into me and like make me so sad that like that’s how
she talks about other women. – Yeah I always think about that.
– It.. It like.. it was.. I was like so.. I like.. I almost wanted to like find her
mom and be like… – Are you okay?
– Hi like your daughter is speaking to other women like this.
– They’re viewing it as if you should be like Kendall Jenner,
do you know what I mean? – mmh
– But they are not Kendall Jenner – I think this girl thought she was.
– Do you know… – Her bio was
“I’m doing better than you are.” – What!? The fact that like anyone would
think that you would be upset to gain weight too, implies that gaining weight is
bad or that being a certain body size is bad which is like, if you’re happy,
not true – And I also think it’s we’re not quite
there yet where that’s not still an insult – Of course!
– It’s still.. like in our current society it’s intended to be an insult
– I know – And I think it’s hard for it not to be
taken as such – Like the best thing that’s attractive is
like confidence and happiness and then when someone comes onto a video and
is like “Gaby’s getting fat” I’m like oh they’re sad
– Oh absolutely but I think it’s also like for me it’s.. it’s comparing what I used
to be like, it’s comparing.. it’s not like oh I’ve never been skinny and I’m just
like obsessed with the idea, it’s like I have been significantly skinnier.
– But you’re skinny now. – Am I?
– I mean I just think it’s with age like as I’ve gotten older, I look
completely different and I.. and I was like “oh why don’t I look like I did when
I was a teenager?’ and it’s like of course you’re not going to, and I also like part
of me, I like have a lot of problems with my weight too and like with my body and
part of me is just like you know what like no one’s gonna be like I don’t want to
have sex with that girl. Like.. like I’m nit picking these things that like I have
to just realize that no one else cares about
– mmhmm. I’m just happy that I’m in a place where someone can say that to me and
it doesn’t ruin my day. Someone could tell me oh I should get off my meds and to..
and to lose weight. And that’s how fat I am that I need to change my meds
– Just f*ck up – And for me to just say no I’m going to
stay on my meds, I’d rather be happy like being in that place is so much better that
being skinnier.Music Plays– ‘Cause you have nice perky boobs, my
girlfriend has perky boobs, so it’s like what am I even doing over here
– You have big boobs – I know but, I feel like the.. all the
women you see in like magazines and stuff have these like perky, little titties.
– What magazines are you getting? – Just perky titties magazine.laughs
– I bet that exists.Gaby laughs againSubtitles by the Amara.org community